All personal data collected by MARYMOUNT will be treated according to the principles and regulations established by the Colombian laws and to best practices applied to the management of personal data.
Personal Information collected by MARYMOUNT will be treated according to the following general guidelines.
- Perform its main activity consistent to the educational service geared towards the education of human beings who are happy, integral, socially responsible, and respectful towards the environment, different cultures and religions.
- Assess and guide the students’ process which can be done by means of technological systems.
- Inform about the academic and extracurricular activities whether they are executed independently or with the collaboration of third parties.
- Manage the relationships with interest groups which can be students, parents, faculty, directives, providers, academic communities, authorities, visitors, accreditation associations, alumnae, among others.
- Inform about the opening, selection, admission and enrollment of the potential students and families who are interested in becoming part of Marymount.
- Inform through traditional or online channels about the academic, extracurricular, cultural, social, public, legal and/o any services related to the main activity above-mentioned.
- Comply with or demand the obligations or commitments derived from the existing relationships with its interest groups.
- Inform its interest groups about institutional social responsibility activities.
- Manage the security of the people, goods and informational assets in the organization.
- Promote a positive environment.
- Comply with the legal dispositions that can be applied to the educational institution.
- Share required information with third parties that need to manage personal information from any of the interest groups for any academic or extracurricular activities.
In compliance with the present laws, we inform that the collection, use and disclosure of personal information can be managed directly or by third parties in information centers in Colombia or abroad in places such as The United Stated of America, Europe, Latin America or other territories.
Any person that is part of the interest groups has the following rights with regard to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information:
- Know, update, rectify, or cancel the information collected in the cases where canceling or opposing the collection of Personal Information is applicable.
- Request evidence of the consent unless there is a legal authorization for the collection of Personal Information.
- Execute the actions that the legal regulations recognize with regard to the protection of Personal Information and Habeas Data.
For the petition of Habeas Data, the owner of the Personal Information can contact MARYMOUNT at [email protected] or by writing to our address: Calle 7 No. 25-64 in Medellin, Colombia.
The Habeas Data petitioner must provide contact information so that we can process and respond to the request.
After receiving the petition, MARMOUNT will respond within the legal timeframe.
The MARYMOUNT collection of Personal Information is done according to the policy adopted by the institution in compliance by the laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information.
What are Cookies
Cookies are files stored on the visitor’s computer used to facilitate and improve the browsing experience.
Types of Cookies
We use own and third party Cookies to facilitate connection, registration, storage of the selected products, security, identity management and ease of transactions.
Information and personalization of browsing experience
Our website seeks to create a personal experience by analyzing your preferences on our site to keep you informed about our activities and services made available online.
These cookies don’t identify you as an individual. All data is collected and aggregated anonymously.
Anonymous information collected
Our website collects certain anonymous information given that the IP address is recognized by the servers. However, we do not identify users by their names nor we store any contact information automatically. We only collect the information that you directly provide to us.
The information about your money transactions, is done under secure payment mode and your data is protected. Cookies cannot collect any transaction data.
Use of personal information
We collect personal information about the browsing patterns and use of our website to understand how people use our site. We can also use this information to personalize your browsing experience. We may share information with third parties who are advertisers and/or partners in some activities that we communicate on our webpage.
Browsing our website using the anonymous browsing option may affect some features and your browsing experience on our site.
How to disable cookies
Check your browser help section to learn how to disable Cookies.
When you disable Cookies some features on our site may not be available or browsing can turn very slow. In case this happens and you would like to enable them again, check the help section on your browser to learn how to enable Cookies.
Disclosure to third parties
Third parties may have access to your personal information to improve your experience, provide information or advertise depending on your preferences and browsing patterns.
We may share information with national and/or international authorities whenever they require it or we may decide to use the information collected to investigate illegal or criminal behaviors.
Third party websites
Storage of information
We may store the information after you close your browser. However, as a user you may set your browser to delete cookies and browsing history.
Webpage User Rights
As the holder of your personal information, you can contact us to make any petitions regarding your right to Habes Data.
Calle 7 No. 25 – 64 sector El Tesoro, Medellin.
This Policy was approved by MARYMOUNT on February 28, 2017